Willow Stream Spa @ SMI
This class meets at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn Willow Stream Spa (100 Boyes Blvd, Sonoma) Movement and postures are sequenced to enjoy benefits of being "warmed to the bone” in the body temperature Watsu pool. Raja Yoga inspired meditative and mindfulness practices are a strong theme. Speaking of strong, don't let the gentle, soothing and weightless feel make you think your body is not working. Floating and playing with noodles in high content magnesium water gives the impression of complete ease. Yet your abs (and other muscles) engage while you’re playfully relaxing. Your spine will indulge in relieving traction. Your nervous system will be going to "vagus." Asana (postures) and Tai Chi'ish movements are gentle and may include amplifying options. The entire body responds in gratitude to this practice. SAVASANA is our peak pose, practicing detachment in a heavenly float with or without noodles, with or without getting ears/hair wet. If you’re a dunker, you may choose the option of listening to underwater music and mystical sea life calls. You are left to float your Savasana for a bit after class. The authentic mineral rich geothermal 1,100 ft. deep spring waters leech toxins from your body. Drinking lots of water afterwards is recommended to rehydrate and helps maximize cleansing effects.
- Admission with purchased Yoga Community Class Package includes a regular locker, it does not include a locker with robe and slippers. Willow Stream Spa does not collect any fee from Yoga Community for the use of the facility, so please do not use the robes. Bring a pair of flip-flops to wear around the pool.
- Upgrade is $39.00 a person to use the facility - this does include a locker with robe and slippers. Day use option for spa pools includes further use of the spa indoor and outdoor pools/grounds before or after class . The 40,000 sf. 4 star luxury spa grounds include a Roman Spa Circuit (grapeseed scrub skin prep showers, hot pool and whirlpool, saunas, cold water dump) and indoor/outdoor lounge areas and meditation room. Fab spa menu and service with indoor/outdoor seating available. Day use option is paid upon check-in at Willow Stream Spa.
- Wednesday & Thursday enjoy 20% off treatments or 25% off senior discount on treatments, which include after class spa pools and Roman Spa Circuit day use. (Treatment arrangements and payment are made at Willow Stream Spa Rotunda or by calling Willow Stream Spa in advance 877-289-7354)
- There is no discount on food or drinks by the pool.
- Please arrive 20 minutes early to check-in at the spa front desk at Willow Stream Spa.
- This class is limited to 12 students. No Refund if less than 24 hour cancellation.
This class takes place
off Campus at:
Willow Stream Spa, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn
100 Boyes Blvd, Sonoma CA 95476 | (877) 289-7354